OUR region is renowned for its community spirit and it’s time to recognise those who go above the call of duty.
Not that volunteers usually ask for recognition, they work in the community because they want to give back and make the place better.
This year is the seventh annual Tasmanian Volunteering Awards – a program which showcases inspiring stories and recognises excellence in volunteering – from individuals, groups and organisations.
By recognising volunteers, we promote the importance of, and send a powerful message about, the value of volunteering and the important contribution our 297,000 volunteers in Tasmania make towards building stronger, healthier and more resilient communities.
After another challenging year for many people, there is no better time to thank, recognise and acknowledge the incredible efforts of volunteers, volunteer managers and organisations.
Applications are open now and close on March 14, with the winners to be announced the week starting April 25. Categories are:
• Arts, Heritage, Tourism and Events Volunteer Award;
• Best Practice in Volunteer Management Award;
• Community Care and Health Volunteer Award; • Education, Science and Technology Volunteer Award;
• Emergency Services Volunteer Award;
• Environment, Animal Care and Conservation Volunteer Award;
• Lifetime Achievement Volunteer Award;
• Sport, Recreation and Service Groups Volunteer Award;
• Volunteer Group or Program Award;
• Youth Volunteer Award.
More details at Tasmanian Volunteering Awards 2022 – Volunteering Tasmania